Ragu.

Monday, December 7, 2015







My husband grew up eating a little thing called spaghetti casserole. Thank goodness his mama, and her spaghetti casserole. This is one of the few dishes that my whole family loves. The whole family. No a single person complains...or whines...or gives me a look of disgust..when I say this is what's for dinner. 

This meal is simple, cheap to make, easy to prepare, and it's made with wholesome ingredients. 

I've been waiting a while for someone like Ragu to make an organic sauce that didn't come with a $5+ price tag. Thank you, Ragu.

This can be made vegetarian style, can be made with extra added veggies, and you can even add a layer of sour cream for a little more creaminess. 

You'll need:

1 package of pasta ( I like organic)
2 jars of Ragu ( I like organic ) 
1 lb of hamburger meat (optional) 
1-2 bags of shredded cheese of choice ( I use two bags ) 

Cook pasta according to package. Cook meat until done. Add one jar of sauce to the cooked meat. Layer pasta, meat sauce, extra sauce from the second jar, cheese...then repeat these layers a second time. Bake @350 until cheese is bubbly. 

My favorite part about this recipe is that is can be made in advance. If I know we are going to have a busy night, I can make this in the morning and heat it up in about ten minutes for dinner. This also feeds a lot of people. Total cost for this meal is about $12 and...with a loaf of bread...this would feed my family of 6 for two days. 

If your planning a gathering or party this would be a perfect dish to make. You can prep it ahead of time and heat it up just in time for guests.