Purina + a 28 day challenge.

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PurinaONEPets #CollectiveBias



Meet Samson, the worlds most ornery, and adorable, Labrador.

Actually, now that I think about it...orneriness is most likely a Labrador Retriever thing. I've only ever owned labs...so I can't really compare. As you all know, we used to have our beloved Harvey. Harvey lived a long, energetic, healthy 13 years. 

I attribute Harvey's quality of life to many things, one of them being the quality food he was given. Harvey only ate Purina. In fact, Purina is the only brand of dog food I've ever given my pups. 

I want to give our dog Samson the same chance at having a chewing, jumping, tearing apart fences, stealing waffles, and turning into an old dog who only wants to sleep quality of life.

That quality of life starts with his food. 

With Purina ONE® every ingredient has a purpose!! 

Everything that goes into Purina ONE® foods works together to provide balances nutrient for your pet! Purina ONE® is formulated with high quality REAL meat, poultry or fish...this helps support strong muscles for a healthy heart! There are no added fillers or artificial flavors, a mix of vitamins and minerals designed to bring balanced nutrition, support a healthy immune system, eyes, and promotes a shiny, healthy coat.

I don't know about you, but a healthy shiny coat...is one of my most favorite features about Labradors...ok...and all dogs! I was excited to see how Purina ONE® could help with his coat! So we began the 28 day challenge to see if we noticed any changes.







For 28 days I feed Sam Purina ONE® and made note of the changes I saw in him.

DAY 1: SAMSON LICKED HIS BOWL CLEAN! Then when I wasn't looking he stuck his head back in the bag and ate some more.

Samson devoured this food! I couldn't even get him to look up to snap a photo of him with the bag...he flat our refused.He just ignored my name calling, whistling, and clapping. He was all like...dude. I'm eating. leave me alone. So, head down...inhaling his food...is the only photo I was able to get on day 1. 

DAY 7: This is when I noticed a change in his...ehem...poop. After a week a of eating Purina ONE® I noticed that his stool was more solid and easier to pick up. I think if nothing else, that's a huge plus!


DAY 12: I noticed a change in his energy. Now, clearly he has an abundance of energy ( hello, its a lab thing again.) BUT I noticed he didn't have as much "bored energy" he wasn't as mischievous in the late mornings...made because his belly was full with wholesome nutritious food!

DAY 20: This is when I really started to notice Samson's coat! The shine! You guys, the shine intensified! I also noticed his eyes appeared brighter...ok and more hungry for his dinner...he really likes his dinner.




I mean look at this face...

Please feed me.

 Here I think he's thinking...please let me in so I can eat some more...





I purchased my Purina ONE® at my local Target! I prefer Target for many reasons. They don't seem to mind that my toddler scales the dog isle shelves (look closely at the photo below). Target has everything available  to meet my pets needs. I especially love how I can save money! 


Now, through 10/6, save $10 when you spend $40 on Purina ONE® Dry Dog and Cat Food and other Purina pet care at Target. 

Also, if you are able to find a Purina coupon online or in the paper...Target allows you to used that on top of the savings they already provide! If they happen to have a Cartwheel offer you can save even more!! 

Want to save even more?? Target is also offering this deal: 

Print a coupon from 9/19 - 10-13: FREE $5 Target GiftCard™ with a Purina pet food, litter, and/or treats purchase of $25 or more!



Did you know that Products are available in both Cat and Dog formulas, in both Dry and Wet varieties. Products in the Purina ONE® line are targeted formulas to meet your pet's special needs and  come in formulas for all life stages? Well, now you do!



Look at him trying to con me, with his cuteness, into giving him more food.


Be sure to head to you local Target today where you'll recieve 5% off + free shipping when you subscribe to Purina ONE® Sign up now to get a $3 off coupon and a personalized food recommendation for your pet!