summer day. (recap)

Thursday, September 13, 2018























This summer we spent one of our last days together, exploring the Arboretum + Botanical Garden. We've lived in Kansas City for a long time and we've never been!

This August we changed that...of course I brought my good camera and I forced my children to take pictures! Flowers + photos + sunshine...bliss. We explored trails and bridges...learned about plants and flowers...played games with old wood blocks.

Later that afternoon the clouds started to move in and we ended up trapped in an old train caboose with the rain pouring down on us. It was quite dreamy, really. I was all alone for a while in shelter...no one else would come in with me because they saw a wasp...that's ok...I was at the perfect angle to capture some sweet moments with my lens.

The rain pealed out and because of the heat the sidewalks were cutting of steam...it was so sweet to watch my children dance and play in this little piece of magic.

We ended the dat with hunger pains + and a trip to Scheel's so the littles could ride the Ferris wheel....it was a glorious summer day.