baseball + Iowa + state signs.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018




This summer, in June to be exact, we road tripped it to Iowa for Jude's very first out of town baseball tournament. The drive...to Iowa...was the first time I've ever driven on a road trip...yes...you read that correct. The hubs was fighting off and injury and was unable to take the drivers seat...so since I was the only other person in the car who had a license, I got stuck with the task. I was going pretty good until...the entire car fell asleep on me...what the what? How, rude? I managed. We made it safely and while my eyes got heavy and there was no one to talk to for 2.5 hours...I survived my first road trip while being the driver. I think I'll stick to the passengers seat + playing DJ. 

We stayed a local Hotel and on the first night the baseball team + dads + some mamas went to the local minor league baseball game. I opted to hang with my girls at the hotel. The little girls were already going to be forced to go to more games than they wanted...so I thought I'd spare them one more. We ordered Papa Johns + swam in the pool...we ate poolside...laughed...and explored the hotel...it was sweet memories made! 

The Diamond Kings killed it that weekend in game of baseball...they knocked out the number one team in IOWA! Mr. Jude played a huge roll in that...he had not ONE...not TWO...not THREE...but FOUR amazing ( and diving ) catches in center field!! I was so proud. We all were. They were on the road to win first place...but the weather had other plans. We waited around for almost two hours waiting for the rain to ease up...but it never did...sad day. The ended up calling the tournament and we all went home. 

On the way home we stopped at a rest stop...and what did we see...a MISSOURI state sign!!!! Yes, I know we live in Missouri but we had yet to find a safe one to take a picture by! But on that hot humid day in Jude that changed...and we were able to cross another state sign off out list.