green beans.

Thursday, May 19, 2016



Skillet green beans are my favorite!! My neighbor growing up made the worlds best green beans ya'll. I am fairly certain she even grew and canned her own beans. For my wedding (probably because I begged her) she gave me the recipe...This is pretty much it with fresh green beans. 

You'll need:
olive oil
2 cloves of garlic ( chopped ) 
I onion ( chopped ) 
5 sliced of bacon ( cooked  and chopped ) 
fresh green beans ( snapped and cut ) - frozen beans will work too if summer beans aren't in season.

Heat skillet and cook bacon. Once bacon is cooked remove and set side. Drain part of the bacon grease ( but not all of it! ) add a tiny touch of olive oil and saute onions. When onions are nice a soft add the garlic. Next and washed green beans and bacon. Cook until beans are to your liking. I like mine still crispy almost raw. 
JJ said...

I am rare one too, I love beans! Love your blog! Followed on bloglovin!
Dora www.bangsbang.com

susan jakovina said...

Have never thought to add bacon! Yummy. xox