matching cards. {learn at home}

Tuesday, March 8, 2016




So. I don't know about you, but cards don't seem to last long in our house.

Go fish?
Old Maid?
A 52 card deck?
Monopoly game cards?
Spoons?

Cards have a life span of about two or three uses before a few always end up missing. Sometimes the games pieces are eaten or chewed on by a baby. Often times it's a mystery...sort of like socks. We have no idea when they went...or ended up...where ever they are...I hope they are happy.

I don't like to be wasteful, but you can't really play a card game with missing cards. 

I decided to put the Old Maid cards to use.

I gathered up the remaining game pieces I still had, and cut them in half.

I set out the top half and gave the bottom half to my daughter.

She spent a good 20 mins. matching the people back up.

This was free fun, and it also provided learning. I didn't have to buy anything...I just used the cards I already had. 

Would you ever try something like this? 



Blogger said...

Just received a cheque for $500.

Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much money you can get filling out paid surveys online...

So I show them a video of myself getting paid $500 for taking paid surveys to finally set the record straight.