felt pumpkins.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015


I am always looking for fun educational ways to keep my sanity entertain my children. 

Come the holiday season, I like to incorporate anything that relates, in this case pumpkins, into the lesson as well. 

Last week we made felt pumpkins. 

I only used one piece of orange felt and one peace of black felt. Which added up to a total of $0.50 for this project. 

I free handed a few pumpkins and cut them out. Then,  I cut out a few face spaces with the black felt. 

We have used these pumpkins quite a few times. 

We have created faces to talk about feelings and emotions.

We read Five Little Pumpkins, and then recreated the faces. 

We have thrown them across the room.

I have fished felt pieces out of a baby's mouth. good times, good times. 

We have used them to count and talk about colors. 

I explained to the big kids in my house that they are in fact not lame, but loads of fun. 

Overall it was a very simple project, a cheap project, and project that could be created out of materials you already have, and a very easy way to use pumpkins to teach.

Would you ever try something like this? 

Does it seem like to much work?

Would your children find this fun or lame? 


Shaunacey Bonneville said...

so cute and easy, my daughter would LOVE this!!

www.confessionsofafrumpymommy.com