let your light shine.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018








I adore the Shine Your Light Devotional by Shelia Walsh. It is one of my favorite books to pull bible lessons from.

Your word is lamp unto to my feet and light unto my path. // Psalm 119:105

We used this scripture to discuss how we as Christians can be a light to other. We used the devotion The Bible is Our Lamp to guide our lesson. We discussed how we can be a light to others. What would happen if there was no light. My favorite part about bible lessons at home is just hearing what my children get out of scripture, what they think the meaning is, how t hey can apply it to their lives.

We also made our own candle light using construction paper and craft sticks. At that end we wrote Psalm 119:105 the candle stick part to help memorize the scripture. 

Do you ever teach bible lessons at home or at Sunday school?