Honey Bunches of Oats caramel apples.

Monday, September 5, 2016




   



I love cereal.

We eat cereal every Sunday night for dinner.

Every Sunday.

Fall season is upon us, and last weekend we went apple picking...leaving us with 40 lbs. of apples...what can I say?...we were a little ambitious...and hungry at the time of harvest. 

We set off to make caramel apples (using my favorite honey caramel recipe found HERE)  and in effort to add a little more nutrition to the treat we topped to apples with Honey Bunches of Oats instead of traditional candy! 

These were a HIT!! I couldn't keep tiny hands away of these!

These made the perfect afternoon snack!

Ok, and I even let my children eat these for breakfast a few days in a row. Honey Bunches of Oats are heart healthy and add 10 grams of whole grain...add that to the nutrition of an apple...and you actually have a pretty healthy breakfast or pre-game snack. I also really enjoyed letting my kiddos have these for breakfast (and snack) because they could be made a few days ahead of time. When school starts life just seems to get busier. A treat like this can be made on a Sunday afternoon and then I don't have to worry about what kind of a snack I'm going to give my kids come Monday or Tuesday before a baseball game...or school event...or just to have after school...because every single day they come home famished. 


Here is a coupon to help you try this recipe out!!

Would you ever try this?

Would you share? :)