heroes.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016






See these three little gems? They are my heroes. I never imagined growing up I'd have three daughters. I assumed, and hoped, I'd have at least have one. While outsiders, might view having three girls as a disadvantage...I feel the exact opposite. Having daughters is lovely...and wonderful...and it has changed me...for the better. It has made me a better person. It has made me more aware, as to how women are portrayed and treated. It seems to me we are living in a  society where women are often viewed as dumb...judged solely on their looks...and we seem to be tearing each other down...instead of building each other up. I want more for them. They inspire me everyday to be a better person...to be a Godly example to them...to exemplify what a loving mother is...to show them what a hard worker looks like...to teach to them to choose kindness whenever possible...to showcase to them that acting dumb is never cute and having brains is a beautiful thing. 

Tell me what woman inspires you? 

This post is inspired by WOMEN: NEW PORTRAITS - EXHIBITION OVERVIEW

In 1999, Leibovitz published Women, a book of portraits made in collaboration with Susan Sontag. The series of photographs was accompanied by an exhibition that opened at the Corocan Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C. 

In January 2016 , London launched the UBS x Leibovitz collaboration continues to explore the changes in the roles of women today while bringing to life one of the greatest art exhibitions of the 21st century. 

The tour will travel to ten cities in twelve months. 


Submit your everyday hero HERE.  #ShareYourHero