Set baby free.

Thursday, October 1, 2015


We have a walker!!

Confession: the early walking stage is the most stressful for me. I feel like until Brooklyn really gets the hang of this walking thing, I am constantly behind her...making sure she doesn't fall...pull something on top of her...go up the stairs...go down the stairs...fall on the cement...the worries are endless...I could go on and on.  

Now that she is mobil everything in the house is fair game for her.

Here are a few ways I baby proof our house.

Number one item I need are baby gates. I ran into a major problem with baby gates...they are so children proof that the older children can get them open. So EVERY time they needed to go up and down the stairs I needed to help them. That got old very fast. So I had the hubs build a gate that anchored into the wall, and we use a chain and carabiners to fasten the gate. The carabiners are easy enough for the older children to latch, but strong enough to hold the gate closed. 

Anything that can be pulled over easily is another concern. There are quite a few companies that offer FREE wall mounts...all you have to do is pay for shipping. 

Anything that poses a chocking hazard stays locked up, or put up high. For example, my older girls love Shopkins and Squeakies. Those toys are only allowed to be played with in their bedroom with the door closed and I make sure to check afterwards that everything way picked up. 

Electrical sockets, all my babies were OBSESSED with them. Plugs are a must, you can pick those up cheaply at any major retailer. 

Cabinets. Oh how babies love the play in cabinets! I honestly can't stand cabinet locks, I feel like they keep me locked out too! A simple fix? Hair ties. I keep our cabinets locked by wrapping hair ties around the knobs. Baby can still pull the doors with out them opening and I have quick easy access to items I might actually need. 

Toilets. Brooklyn quite fancies trying to get into the toilet. We have a simple rule in our house. The bathroom door MUST stay closed! 

A big thanks to Huggies for sponsoring this post! Doesn't Brooklyn look cute in her Little Movers diapers? These Diapers rock. "New Huggies Little Movers Diapers have a Moving Baby System* for outstanding grip, fit, and wetness protection which absorbs on contact, so babies get the most out of every little move as they begin to kick, roll, crawl and walk."


Be sure to post a photo of your little mover and use the hashtag #SetBabyFree Huggies just might feature your baby! 

In what ways do you baby proof your house? 


Lulu and Sweet Pea said...

She is SO cute! Reminds me so much of my little one right now. Seriously into everything!!!!