armor.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015




News flash...I have four children...and sometimes we don't make it to church...whether the cause be because of sickness, or travel, or sickness...ok mostly sickness...I still attempt to teach a lesson on the Sundays we miss. 

I saw this great idea floating around Pinterest to use oranges to illustrate the importance of the armor of God. So, I thought we'd give it a try. It was a hit. The idea is so simple even those who don't consider themselves a teacher could tackle this lesson. 

Basically you gather up some children, some oranges, a bowl of water, and a bible. Read about the armor of God (2 Corinthians 11) and then discuss how the orange peel works as the orange's armor...the observations and connections are endless. Remove the orange from the water and as you talk about each piece of the armor peel a piece off until all the peel has been removed. Finally place the orange back in the water to see what happens when all the armor has been removed, an discuss the connections. My favorite part about this lesson was seeing all the ideas and thoughts my children came up with all on their own. So there you have it simple and applicable, enjoy!