spring.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014




"In spring, at the end of the day you should smell like dirt." Margret Atwood

Spring. Spring is a lovely season, especially when you live in a state with winter. I do mean winter...snow, blizzards, temperature that are so cold they make you want to cry. Spring has been  making its way to us, and of course has disappeared just as quickly as it shows up...we have been teetering on warm weather for a while. I think spring is finally here to stay. I am loving this weather! I am going to savor every moment because I have lived in the mid-west long enough to know that we could have a heat wave in less than a month.

So for now, I am going to embrace the sounds of the STL Cardinals on the t.v, and the radio...ok and also in the car. I am going to soak up the smell of my lilacs in bloom, spend lazy days outside, fill up more water balloons than I can count, watch out for tornado weather, enjoy a spring storm, have dinner on the patio, make s'mores by the fire, watch my garden bloom, and soak up all the sunshine I can.

What is spring like where you live?
What is your favorite thing about spring?
susan jakovina said...

We haven't really seen Spring as yet. Today is quite mild but overall, it looks like it would be warm {sun shining} but is still cold. Sigh.

17 Perth said...

Yes! I love this. And I love that quote. We should smell like dirt! ;) spring here is gorgeous and similar in that you better soak it up because the ridiculous heat and humidity strikes so quickly!

Leah said...

so good spring is seeming to stick around. i know that winter lingered for a good while there! have fun and enjoy the warmth!