dealing with mama guilt.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

 { print source: HERE }

Guilt. Every parent has been there reflecting on the day...overcome with guilt. It happens...to the best of us...to all of us.

For me evaluating what I am feeling guilty about is key. Most usually for me, my guilt comes with not having enough time to spend with my children during the day...or not having enough time in general to get done what I needed to get  done...which makes me short...or cranky. With that said I have started to make it a point to try and have one on one time with each of my kiddo through out the day...I mean really spend time with them...talk with them...ask them how their day was...pray with them...read with them....color a picture...sit on the porch and have a treat. It doesn't have to be major, kids just want your time. At the end of the day it doesn't matter if the laundry is piling up, or I didn't get that email answered, or I forgot to return a phone call, I filled my kids up with love and in my house that makes everyone happy when the day is through.  Also, I am not above apologizing to my children...I tell them often..." I am sorry, mommies get grouchy too sometimes." This helps, children are very forgiving, and I often beat my self up about nothing.


When I feel this way I remind myself of  Lamentations 3:23 //Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.// Sometimes we just need a fresh start, a do over. I am so thankful for new mornings, a new day to make the day better than before.


         


May 29: When People Share Their Opinions and How to Lovingly Handle it //June 5: Traveling with your Toddler //June 12: How to get your toddler to eat their veggies…or their food at all // June 19: How to make time to blog in the busyness of motherhood // June 26: Bedtime Battles (nap or bedtime)

17 Perth said...

Oh my gosh. This was literally on my mind today. Struggling I tell u. Lamentations is one of my favorites. This couldn't have come at a better time. Thank u!

KelseyB said...

This was great, I can relate 100%. I like the idea of really evaluating where it stems from, and they making the change. Sometimes there just isn't enough hours in the day, but we have to make the best of them!

Courtney B said...

Love, love, LOVE that scripture and couldn't agree more! Sometimes a fresh start to a new day will clear our minds and produce happy times again!

Laura Joyce Leavitt said...

I love that you have been taking time with each of your children. I try this with mine. I can tell a huge difference in my toddlers attitude and mine towards her, when i really get on her level and do something with her.