Thursday, December 13, 2012

diy ornaments.





remember THIS post? I made those cinnamon ornaments with Elisabeth. They were a hit!  Jude loved it too, which is always a bonus. If you decide to make them, make sure they are thick. oh. and they smell ah-maz-ing.!.!

I am in charge of Elisabeth's class party and I was looking for a craft. I came across THIS via pinterest. I thought I would try it out and do a trail run pre-class party. EPIC FAIL. has anyone used this recipe before? seriously, it was a mess and looked like a huge white glob.

So I just went back to the good 'ol salt dough recipe. you will need:

2 cups of flour /1 cup of salt/ 3/4 cup of water (add a little more water is dough is clumpy) /roll out dough and cut with cookie cutters/ poke holes for hanging/ makes sure holes are big enough to fit string through/ bake at 200 for 20 mins then flip and bake for 10 mins./ when finished you can paint or color with marker/ use glitter and what ever other decor you want/ you can even add glitter prior to baking/ 

cost: less than $1.00 and yeilds about 20-30 ornaments.

10 comments:

Valley Girl said...

So I'm not great at math...but that is one swing'n deal right there! And God bless pinterest, each and every pin!

Denise said...

costs less than a $1. that is my kind of ornament making!

April said...

These are cute! If you had some creative cookie cutters you could just go crazy. haha

jillian at faith that laughs. said...

so cute!!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I remember making those as a kid. Adorable!

Kelly said...

fun!

Care said...

Thank-you for posting this, I have ALWAYS wanted to make these and needed inspiration (and a recipe). So much fun!

Katie said...

love these! I should have my class do this next year!

Gina Norman said...

I REALLY want to make my own ornaments sometime, maybe next year now. but I love the concept, and you make it seem pretty easy, thank you btw for this recipe, and how to. wish me luck!

Liz Ekstrom said...

I too have had an "epic fail" when attempting salt dough ornaments. Glad you found the magic ingredients!