sleep late.

Monday, August 6, 2012



This is one of my favorite Shel Silverstein poems. 

I am sooooo not an early bird...I am not much of a night owl either...I guess I just
I like sleep. ok I love sleep. 

I could go all day long with out eating, maybe manage with out coffee, but lack of sleep is my kryptonite. 

It is part of the reason I sleep train my kiddos...

 I don't like to get up before 7... 
{If I can be honest I prefer not to get up before 8...but I won't complain if it is after 7. }


Are you a night owl or an early bird ... or a sleep lover like myself? 

Unknown said...

I want to be an early bird so badly but I can never manage to get up. I'm working on it!

kayla rotola said...

Oh i'm neither as well, I love sleep. I'm really going to miss sleep... : )

Joy said...

We had this very same conversation at dinner last night. I am a sleep lover. LOVE my sleep. LOVE my bed. LOVE my covers.

17 Perth said...

I love that poem!! I am definitely a morning person as long as it doesn't start before 7. Haha.

Anonymous said...

one of our favorite books by one of our favorite poets! to answer this question..... sometimes i think if i didn't have the girls waking me up in the morning, i could sleep all day. but when they stay over at grandma's and they're not here to wake me up at the crack of dawn, i'm waking up at the crack of dawn anyway. hate that!!

and p.s. to you friend - you can grab my button code on my blog too! just hit the buttons tab in the navigation bar :) i'd email it, but every time i do this, the code gets skewed during transmission. your button's up and running on my end!!

Christi Lynn said...

just found your blog! and i love it so far. the design of it is great! I am your newest follower :)

Contemplating Beauty said...

what time do you get up??

I like the morning time, but I don't get up til around 10am :o

michelle @ this little light said...

Absolutely an early bird, though the older I get, the more I like sleep!

Visiting from Ava Grace's Closet!

Stephanie said...

Definitely not an early bird... Although I would really like to be. I can only go for a couple of days without sleep and then I do what my family has lovingly called "blobinating "....it's not a pretty sight.

Susan said...

I am a BIG TIME sleep lover. I have been staying up later than usual just to get it all done but man, I could go to bed early and sleep late every day.

Kelly said...

i wish i could sleep more than 6 hours at a time.