beat the heat.

Thursday, July 19, 2012



what to do when your in the middle of a heat wave with 3 kids...

one of them a newborn, who can't really go outside 

one of them strongly dislikes the pool

&

one of them has a double ear infection/swimmers ear and can't get in the water

**************************

water balloons and side walk chalk at dusk have keep them busy this week

I bought a bag of water balloons for $1.00 and they have been the best thing since sliced bread for Elisabeth and Jude.

pinned and did the following ... kids edition aka Elisabeth and Jude tested :

{This ... not a hit } { This ... they loved and keep asking to do agin} {This ... hands down their favorite} { This ...  I didn't think it worked very well?}

Joy said...

Bless your heart, heat and a newborn are hard on the older littles. I filled a bucket with water and sat it in a small pool with only enough water to cover the surface and gave my boys solo cups when they were young. I sat a few extra buckets around for them to dump into. They loved that.

katygirl said...

i need ideas for an extremely active 2 year old and a newborn. and 106 degrees. yikes.

Jessica said...

thanks...you're house sounds a lot like mine and i needed some ideas.

Unknown said...

I miss playing with both of those! I also like squirt guns.

Alexa said...

Such good tips to entertain the kiddos in the heat! I'm always looking for new ideas!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

What a perfect way for them to spend the day. Smart thinking!

Valley Girl said...

Oh boy. That was us last year. So hard. I have yet to find a better invention for summer time fun the garden hose. Hours and HOURS of fun right there. And next summer is gonna ROCK! Hang in there momma!

Susan said...

I know what you're going through! It's a tough go for now. I remember nursing Ava and watching the older ones in the pool through the window.
Panicking.
I love how creative you are. Sidewalk chalk and water balloons sound brilliant!
Hang in there.

Elle Sees said...

i love ice painting...just freeze colored water/koolaid or plain. and let them "paint" with ice.

Courtney B said...

Water balloon and chalk days were my favorite as a child! No doubt, you are the COOLEST mom ever :)

Hailey said...

how fun! new follower!

http://babybakerlove.blogspot.com/

Kelly said...

i miss the days my kids played with chalk.

Katie said...

oh no!! that does not sound fun! but look at you figuring out great ways to entertain them! : )

beth said...

your ballon picture is AMAZING!!!

hang in there-pretty soon they'll all be grown up and i gaurantee you you'll look back -like me- and think, "now how did that happen-weren't we just drawing on the sidwalk? : )

Trina said...

Poor kiddos! Glad you found something to cool them off with in this crazy heat! I can see how they wouldn't love the chalk photos--but what cute pics it makes!