style.

Friday, October 7, 2011


{source: holli }


{ source: Z & V } ( love the sweater...not the price)


{ source: reverie}

Staying true to my mother's day post, I told myself I would never let my daughter leave the house wearing dress up costumes, princess crowns, & mis-matched clothing. It is funny how you says things pre-kids...because now I really don't care what Elisabeth wears as long as it fits and and is weather appropriate. Lately she has been fashioning jumpers with skirts underneath and leg warmers on her arms and of course every piece of jewelry she owns...she is quite the little stylist.
susan jakovina said...

I don't think I ever read your Mother's Day post ~ I did just now. Love.

Patchie said...

I was a nanny for a family that picked out their kids clothes all the time and at 5 years old she was PARANOID about what she was wearing at all times and if it matched or not. It was a little sad.

Kelly said...

i love it. if i had a daughter i would totally let her wear whatever costumey thing she wanted.
love the prints and the sweater.

... said...

Ha ha ha! I love when kids dress themselves...it's so creative and fun! ;)

Anonymous said...

I always wanted a girl for that reason. As a mom to two boys the most creative we get is mismatching comic book superheroes. Apparently the X-men shoes cannot be worn with a Superman tee...who knew.

I say let her rock that personality!! I mean after all, I grew up in the 80s, which was pretty much like Halloween everyday.

Andrea @ Strawberry Chic said...

I've always said that I won't let me kids wear corny character shirts. But, really when it comes down to it, as long as they are happy, that's basically the only thing that matters!

Thanks for the "glow stick" idea, I think my little guy would LOVE it!

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

I told myself I would never let my kids use a pacifier and of course they did. Your story is classic. Kids have personality and we love them for it, most of the time.

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I love that sweater too. I saw one similar to it at Urban Outfitters yesterday.

Jenni Price said...

Yes I LOVE it! Expressing her wonderful individuality at such a young age!

Anonymous said...

LOL! The things we do for love... or, sanity. :0) Thinking of you! :0)

Raquel said...

Awwww I think it's great that you let her pick out her own clothes. It's a creative part of growth. As long as it's nothing too crazy, then just let her be