DeVOtIOnal WeDNeSdAY

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

* you can find the art above, here *






"BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD..."Psalm 46 :10


I used to have this scripture on my bulletin board in high school, I very commonly took it as, be still...rest, have quiet time. As I became a more mature Christian I learn this is not really the case for this scripture.


The words BE STILL come from the verb rapha - which means: to be weak, to let go, or release.


Often times we need to BE STILL, or let go to know that God is in control. I know that often time for me it is simply in a time of worship, when I am in a bad mood, stressed, or  just plain everyday life~


So take some time to be still and know that our God reigns.



~Christina~








Lesley Myrick said...

Christina - thanks for featuring my art! This scripture has meant so much to me in recent months, and I love your explanation of it. It's true - there are so many times we (myself included!) just need to let go and remember that God is in control, not us. :)
Much love, Lesley. xo

Jenni Price said...

Amen...how hard it is to release all our daily stresses to Him. Thanks for the reminder :)