Lemon Meringue Pie

Thursday, February 3, 2022



If you could only eat one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be? I read this question and an overwhelming response was Lemon Meringue Pie. I have never had Lemon Meringue Pie #icecreamlover yet alone make one. I now had a mission. I was pleasantly surprised! The crust, I've mastered. The lemon curd I could just enjoy with a spoon. The meringue I need to work on? Or just replace with @coolwhip - we took a family vote this would taste amazing with a layer of Cool Whip. I will be attempting this again. Oh, and in case you were wondering we ate the whole pie...it was that good. #lemon #lemonmeringue #lemonmeringuepie 




Prepare pie crust + cook. 

Then heat 1 cup of sugar + 2 tbsp. Flour + 3 tbsp corn starch + 1/4 tsp salt + 2 lemons juiced + zested + 1 1/2 cups of water // once thick. Scoop out 1/2 cup of the mixture and slowly add to 4 egg yolks (SAVE THE WHITE!) once mixed incorporate back into the sugar mixture and heat again. 

Then whisk egg whites + 6 tbsp of sugar. Mix until peaks form. 

Pour lemon mixture into pie crust. 

Spread egg white mixture over pie - covering edges. Bake @350 for 10 minutes until top is golden.