Downton Abbey DVD at Walmart

Thursday, December 19, 2019







Downton Abbey, ever heard of it? I'm not ashamed to say that I jumped on this bandwagon and enjoyed every minute of the ride. My favorite part was always the kitchen scenes! I loved the help staff! Daisy was always one of my favorite characters and  I love how she involved and matured...and her story line continues to leave me intrigued in the Downton Abbey DVD! 


I was so excited to finally get to view the Downton Abbey DVD! All the characters that I  love are back together and the DVD is an expansion from the series!! I made and entire night out of it. I baked a cheesecake, whipped up some homemade bread, brought down the fresh garland, and decorated with orange slices and candle sticks!




Like I mentioned in the beginning my favorite element of the Downton Abbey series has always been the kitchen. I'm fascinated with watching the kitchen staff work, always memorized by what they were cooking.

I decided to add my own love for baking into my movie watching theme. I'm going to share these simple recipes with you!



CHEESECAKE:

CRUST:


  • 1 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • Pinch of salt
  • ½ stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted 
FILLING:

  • 2 pounds (four 8-ounce boxes) cream cheese, at room temperature
  •    1 ⅓ cups sugar
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 4 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 cups sour cream or heavy cream, or a combination of the two 
Stir the crumbs, sugar and salt together in a medium bowl. Pour in the melted butter and stir until all of the dry ingredients are uniformly moist. Add ingredients in springform pan and then pat an even layer of crumbs along the bottom of the pan.

Then for the filling. Beat the cream cheese until soft ( pro tip: set cream cheese out for a bit...so it isn't super cold) add ONE egg at a time!! Mix egg one at a time, beat until smooth then add more eggs. Finally add sugar, salt, vanilla, and heavy cream. 

Pour filling over crust and bake for 45-60 minutes @325 … until cheesecake isn't jiggling. If it's cracked...just add whipped cream to cover. 

Chill + serve!










I also wanted to make fresh bread! This is so simple + isn't intimidating at all!

You'll need:

3 cups of flour
1 1/2 cups of water
1 package of instant yeast
1 teaspoon of salt

Mix in a bowl and cover with a tea towel overnight! That is truly it! No kneading needed!




The next day mold into a loaf shape and place on parchment paper.



Add toppings of choice! I used sea salt + rosemary.



Bake for 30 minutes @450







Head to Walmart and purchase the new release of Downton Abbey DVD today! It is available at Walmart and on Walmart.com