Emoji craft.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

 

 
 
  

 


Corn starch crafts are starting become one of my favorite crafts! They are simple to make, insanely affordable and make a large abundance in a short time span. 

I usually make this dough during Christmas time...but this go around I decided to make them for my daughter's 10th emoji birthday party. 

You'll need: 

1/2 cup cornstarch
1 cup baking soda
3/4 cup water

Bring the mixture to a boil until clay ball forms. 

 
 


Allow dough to cool in a bowl with a damp paper towel over the top. 

I decided to dye my dough yellow before I rolled it out. You could allow yours to dry white and paint it yellow later. 


Once dough is cool...roll it out...and use circle shaped cookie cutter to cut out circles. I used a mason jar lid...bc I didn't have a cookie cutter. It's call improvising, friends. 

Once the circles are dried (this can take a few days) they are ready to use! 

We colored emoji faces with markers. 

Some kiddos decided to put magnets on the back...I purchased ones with sticky backs from Walmart. 


The total cost for this project was $2.50 and this made around 50 emojis.