how to wash your fruit.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014





First up, who gets the lamest blog post title ever? Me. Next, I thought  I washed my fruits and veggies fairly good until I was watching the news one morning and they told me other wise. I honestly tried their method just to see if my bowl got as dirty as theirs did...and it did...ummmmmmmm super gross.

Want to know how it's done?

So, basically when your bring your fruits and veggies home just soak them in a bowl of water for about 10 minutes...or so. Dump the water out and then re-rise the produce in a strainer.

Do you wash your produce this way?

Tip: For strawberries I wash them serving at a time...pre-washing all the berries leads to mold.
susan jakovina said...

I don`t!
I thought I washed well until I read this. How are you doing mama to 4!!!!!