weak.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

{ source: Delight in God's Word

I'm weak. Weak physically and spiritually. I am weak as a wife, and a mother. I am weak as a friend, when it comes to saying no, and in times serving others . I mean well, and I strive to be strong, but time and time again I fail. I am weak.

It's our confession Lord that we are weak
so very weak, but you are strong
and though we've nothing Lord
to lay at your feet, we come to your feet and say
help us along
a broken heart and a contrite spirit
you have yet to deny


The above lyrics are from the song Sweet Mercies.

I am feeling thankful today that regardless of my weakness, broken heart, and contrite spirit...God never denies me. 

He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength. /// Isaiah 40:29

My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever ///psalm 73:26
Erica said...

This is always such an encouragement - that when we're weak it gives God the opportunity to show us just how strong He is!

Jorie said...

this is such a great encouragement!

jorie

Leah said...

such sweet words friend. and full of promise!

Denise said...

I can't even say how much I NEEDED this encouragement, and sense of not feeling like I am the only one who is week. Thank you.
"A broken heart and a contrite spirit
you have yet to deny." :)

hill said...

beautiful words.
xoxo.