summer camp.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011


{ source : photo by...David Fenton}

My mom was an only child and I am almost ten years older than my closest sibling...so needless to say I had it made in the grandparent department. Every summer I would visit my grandparents in Michigan. We would start the summer off with a vacation to the beach, and then I would go home with them to spend a few weeks at summer camp. I loved it! Days filled with canoeing, archery, kickball, consistent song singing, and swimming. I feel like the world has changed so much in just a short 20 years b/c sadly I would never send my kids away to camp.

Did you go ever go to summer camp?
Alyss said...

I went to summer camp every year in middle school, and then I was a camp counselor every year of high school. I flippin' LOVE camp!

Patchie said...

I went to day camps, but I never did an overnight camp (I'm not really much of a "camper"). I was a super shy kid though, so I don't have those memories of it being amazing - I mostly remember being anxious and feeling really out of my element. But I've been a counselor for a theatre camp a few times since college and I really enjoyed being on the other side!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I will send my kids to camp once they are in middle school...maybe. : )

Jenni Price said...

I went to church camp but my folks usually served as leaders. We keep thinking about getting a tent but I'm not sure I'm adventurous to camp anywhere but our backyard! Then we could run inside if it rains or something!

Unknown said...

Well that's a shame. Summer camp is pretty fantastic. Memories!

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

I loved Girls Camp one of my fondest memories

Raquel said...

Oh I never went to camp but I always stayed super busy during the summer. I went to 6th grade camp but I don't think that counts at all & it wasn't very fun

rebecca said...

i never went to summer camp but was always jealous of all the cool kids that did.

Wanda May said...

My first time camping I showed up in a summer dress with a huge hat and pink kitten heels. Everyone laughed at me. My heels automatically were ruined in the mud and by the end of that weekend I looked like a bug bitten gargoyle. I was not a huge fan. Maybe if I had been more prepared. Orrr if I had a tent like in the first picture. :)

L said...

I'm still sad about never experiencing summer camp.. i just ran into a weekend offer that is like summer camp for adults, lolol, looks like fun though!
TravelDesignery.com
.

Allison said...

I LOVED summer camp growing up! I wouldn't trade those memories for anything :) It was an all girl, Christian camp - and so much fun. BTW, I want to spend the summer in that tent picture you posted! Talk about memories to be made!