Monday, January 17, 2011

they say it's your birthday


Happy Birthday to my sweet girl!

I know most people don't care if they have a son or a daughter. I have to be honest, I so desperately wanted a little girl first.

I remember the day we found out you were a girl, the theme song to Dirty Dancing was playing in the background...I was overjoyed!


I can't believe that 4 years ago you were born! It was a snowy January night, you kicked me so hard that my water broke. We were off to the hospital, husband forgot his shoes...so we had to go back home. A few short hours later you were here.What a blessing you have been in our lives.



A few little know facts about this daughter of mine:

Elisabeth ~ means: God's promise

nicknames : Roo, Elisabette, Elisabetta, Elisabethie.
never Liz, or Lizzie

1.) She loves the color blue.
2.) Ry-Ry is her best buddy.
3.) She loves the movies.
4.) She is a fan of gum,and lover of all candy.
5.) She loves Ariel, but more so she really loves Prince Eric
6.)She is kind.
7.)She is a SiLLy HeaRt.
8.) She is a wonderful sister and is so kind to her brother. {lets hope that last}
9.) I wonder if she is part canary, because she is always singing.
10.) She loves Bunny Bunny.
11.) She is a book nut.
12.) She loves to snuggle...with Daddy late at night.


As I sit here and type this you are asleep with your head in my lap
So I guess I just wanted to say

Goodnight, Elisabeth.


2 comments:

kayla rotola said...

that girl of yours is so precious. i hope you guys have a wonderful day celebrating her sweet life!

Jenni Price Illustration said...

Your sweet words about your daughter made me all teary eyed. Mommy-hood is so wonderful! Here's to wishing your very precious Elisabeth a very Happy Birthday!