Power Up with Duracell Batteries! Plus, dog days of summer tips!

Friday, September 6, 2019

This story was produced in partnership with Duracell. All opinions are mine alone. #DuracellOptimumBrandPartner



*Delivers extra life or extra power, vs. Coppertop AA/AAA in a wide range of devices.


NEW Duracell Optimum batteries have helped me with the dog days of summer!

We've hit that time of year where we've already been on vacation, the weather is too hot and humid to be outside for long periods, my kiddos only want to swim for a little bit at a time, we've played all our games and then some, so I have to get creative!

How? With batteries! One of my favorite life/mom hacks is to take out my kiddos' toys that have been "dead" for a while and put new batteries inside them! I swear it's almost like Christmas morning! This is an affordable and fun way to entertain them and encourage imagination play!



*Delivers extra life or extra power, vs. Coppertop AA/AAA in a wide range of devices.

One of my little girls' favorite pastimes is to play veterinarian! They love to put on their little dress up coats, grab their stethoscopes and bandages, and even fill up baggies with water to use as IVs.







Duracell is the #1 trusted brand! With the ability to deliver extra life* in some devices or extra power* in other devices, vs. Coppertop AA/AAA batteries, I choose Duracell Optimum because I know these batteries are  going to last in some of my kids’ favorite toys! I won't need to be wasting resources and time with having to change out batteries.  



Another fun reason we choose to play "vet" is because my little veterinarians can perform surgeries!!!

I give them tiny screwdrivers and (with assistance) they open up (perform surgery) on their play puppies and change out the batteries!



*Delivers extra life or extra power, vs. Coppertop AA/AAA in a wide range of devices.
















They even have a nurse station where each puppy or kitty can recover! And let me tell you, we have a lot of recovering animals on surgery day!

How are you getting creative during the dog days of summer?


Mom tip: Don't pull out all your toys in one day! Start with a vet day. The next day, take out fresh batteries for inside a reading pen with books. The following day, put them in electronic games, and so on! If you put new batteries in all the toys at once, they will all get played with in that one day. Pace yourself.

Be sure to head to your local CVS today to pick up NEW Duracell Optimum batteries! These batteries are available in AA and AAA in pack sizes of 4, 6, and 12!