zoo day recap.

Friday, November 2, 2018






































I'm slowly buy surely catching up on blogging. 

This summer...the humidity lifted...and the heat took a break...long enough for us to enjoy free passes to the zoo! 

Disclaimer...my kids don't really like the zoo. Our zoo it BIG, and it requires a lot of walking, and I do mean A LOT. Someone is usually hot, thisty, or is just plain D.O.N.E. This trip was no different, but we were able to sneak in some good times before someone had a meltdown. 

This particular trip, it was Brooklyn who ended our day with the animals. The main reason we went to the zoo was to pet stingrays at the new exhibit!I'm not sure who was more excited myself or my children...probably myself. For a $1 you could buy fish and feed the stingrays! The only one brave enough to do it was Jude. Lyla tried...but at the last minute she dropped the slimy treat. We were laughing, ok someone of us were scream laughing out of fear, and petty the stingrays...having a good old time...until the salt water hit poor little Brooke's skinned knees! She tried to hang, but the burning of the salt was just too much for her 3 year old knees to handle. We tried to wash her knees off in the sink...but it was no help. It's a good thing we were able to go to the park and visit the goats, because after the salt water to wound caused such a fuss...we left. 


Despite the rain, we had a great time exploring the zoo with family. 

In other news, I'm still working on getting that land so I can get some goats.