diy halloween tic tac toe

Monday, October 5, 2015





Confession: I'm super frugal.

I was at Target a few days ago I came across this super cute pumpkin tic tac toe game. It came with a huge price tag of $5. Instead of buying the game I thought to myself, self...you can make this...and I just so happen to have the supplies at home...and with four children we don't need anymore stuff in our house...I mean seriously!? Where does all the stuff come from!? I swear its multiplying... 

Anyways, then I came home and whipped up this project. 

This project cost total of $1.50...and it honestly took about 10 minutes to make. 

I purchased the giant felt pumpkin last year at The Dollar Tree ( I am certain they have them again this year ) and I never quite new what to do with it. 

I also purchased one piece of white felt and one piece of black felt at $0.25 a piece. I cut four pieces of thin black for the lines and free handed 4 cat heads out of black. I used the white felt to cut a few ghost. I had left over pink felt , from another project, for the cat noses...but you could use white if you are cheap like me and don't want to buy another piece of felt. I cut out a few X's for the eyes of the ghost and I used a glue stick to secure the eyes and noses down.  

So there you have it, a simple and cheap Halloween project.

Would you ever make something like this? 
Or would you just have purchased the $5 game at Target?