Friday, November 27, 2015

olives.




Do you have a favorite holiday dish?

Was there an appetizer that was a staple in your home growing up?

My mom always made an oh so yummy cheese ball and a divine broccoli salad. If she had a party, those two items were always there. If we have a party or a get together at our house, my children almost always expect me to make pumpkin bread. 

Also, we when we have get togethers a few simple appetizers are a must. When you're so busy planning a party, getting all the final details in order, cleaning the house, and tending to children...do you really have time to cook and prep a huge meal? I have four children, I certainly don't.

I usually like to prepare nice little snacks, that look like I spent hours making...but in reality took about 5 minutes to prepare. 

Most recently I assembled these party skewers. They only required a few simple ingredients... 

Mezzetta Olives 
mozzarella cheese ( cut into chunks ) 
cherry tomatoes ( cut into halves ) 
pre-made biscuits (cut into cubes and then coated in melted butter and sprinkled with garlic salt before baking) 
Salami (optional) 

I cooked the biscuits. While the biscuits were cooking, I cut the tomatoes and cheese. I then assembled the olives, cheeses, tomatoes, and bread onto skewers. I really like using skewers because...well...I am a little bit of a germ-a-phobe...and with skewers it's self serving. 

There you have it, a self serve, simple, and delicious meal that took about 10 minutes to assemble. 

Be sure to check out MEZZETTA for a giveaway! 

p.s. I can't wait to try the blue cheese stuffed olives on a sandwich....yum.yum.yum.

p.s.s. Mezzetta olives are GMO free, gluten free, vegan, cholesterol free, and have no preservatives. Yay!!!